Compressed Coco Peat Blocks
- Aug 25, 2016 Compressed Coco Peat Blocks
- Aug 25, 2016 Coir Rope Topiary
- Aug 25, 2016 Plant Support Coir Poles
- Aug 25, 2016 Moulded Rubberized Coir Plant Pots
- Aug 25, 2016 Rubberized Coir Basket Liners/Mulch Mats/Weed Mats/Coir Sheets
- Aug 16, 2016 Floating Gardens
- Aug 16, 2016 Plant Coir Grow Bags
- Aug 16, 2016 Coco Chips
- Aug 16, 2016 Hand Made Cylindrical Pots
- Aug 16, 2016 Rubberized Coir Pads
- Aug 16, 2016 Yarns & Twines
Coco peat is used as a soil additive. Due to low levels of nutrients in its composition, coco peat is usually not the sole component in the medium used to grow plants.
Coco peat primarily consists of the coir fiber pith or coir dust which is obtained by processing coconut husk and removing the long fibers. The coco peat which is obtained can hold large quantities of water, just like a sponge. It is used as a replacement for traditional peat in soil mixtures, or, as a soil-less substrate for plant cultivation.
Usually shipped in the form of compressed bales, briquettes, slabs or discs, the end user usually expands and aerates the compressed coco peat by the addition of water. A single kilogram of coco peat will expand to 15 litres of moist coco peat.